From: Aleksej <aleksej05 <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: WMM doesn't work as expected
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.devel
Date: Tuesday 23rd September 2008 08:38:01 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,

I'm testing WMM operation and have some problems. When I perform tests
with only one station the traffic in AC_BE takes always precedence
over all other access categories. For example, if a station has
traffic in two access categories - AC_VI and AC_VO, prioritization
works as expected and traffic in AC_VO has higher throughput than in
AC_VI. If I redirect the traffic from AC_VI to AC_BE, then traffic in
AC_BE results suddenly in higher throughput than in AC_VO. Moreover,
the traffic in AC_VO can be completely stopped! It seems that the
algorithm of internal virtual collision resolution doesn't work
correctly and whenever there is some traffic in AC_BE it is served
first while the other access categories are
served only when AC_BE is empty. Is it some configuration issue? I
checked all WMM parameters, everything is configured by default
according to WMM spec...

Has anyone had such a problem? Is this a driver or hardware issue?
Should I just try another wireless card?

(I use MadWifi v0.9.4, Gigabyte 802.11abg GNWI01HT cards with Atheros
AR5413 chipsets, Ubuntu 7-10).

Thanks for any help!
Aleksej.