From: John Bicket <jbicket <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: release
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.devel
Date: Wednesday 8th March 2006 07:00:59 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I wonder if it would be useful to have micro-releases targeted for
specific things, like a version for each of the following:

- basic station, ap mode + old cvs features (which would be like version
.9)
- multi-bssid (station + ap + monitor) mode
- new monitor mode features
- ad-hoc mode that works
- new devices (ahb hal, mimo, etc)
- a highly-tuned scanning algorithm
- wds mode

There seem to be enough tickets for each of these in trac. Doing
micro-releases would  make it pretty clear which release tickets would
be assigned for, and we could easily re-order the releases if work
progresses on one front faster than the others. Plus I think doing
releases early and often is great; it gets people excited about new
features, and it won't seem like we're getting crushed by the number
of bugs in trac that are filed under the .9 release.

John