From: Aaron Tokhy <atokhy-PjAqaU27lzQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Fix deadlock in hdaps protect patch
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.hdaps.devel
Date: Tuesday 4th December 2007 07:59:08 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hey everyone,

I played around with the hdaps patch for a while until I found a source
of one of the deadlocks I encountered when I was debugging for
deadlocks.  I took a look at the latest patch and discovered it wasn't
there.  After looking at scsi_execute_async, I saw that it returned a
value (currently the return value is ignored).  The patch checks for the
value returned by scsi_execute_async, sees if it failed (since it
occasionally does) and will avoid waiting if the lock hasn't been set.

This patch can easily be applied on a 2.6.20 kernel, I haven't tried it
with any of the later kernels.

CD: 4ms