From: Ingo Peukes <admin <at> ipnetwork.de>
Subject: Re: Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.dvb
Date: Tuesday 13th May 2008 14:41:00 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Tomi Orava wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Well, as I said it compiles and works with the above kernel and v4l-dvb
>> but w_scan finds no channels with this module most of the time. In 5
>> runs it found 4 channels on one multiplex.
>> I doubt it's the antenna although it's the stock one but if I use the
>> cinergyT2 on my desktop pc with the original module of kernel 2.6.25.1
>> w_scan finds all available channels all the time with the same antenna
>> in the same place. I will try a better antenna tomorrow to see if I can
>> use it somewhat productive in mythtv...
>
> Does the "regular" scandvb work any better for you compared
> to the older driver ?
No, not realy. It find's and tunes only half of the channels available at
my location.

> BTW. Where's the source for this w_scan so that I could try it as well ?
You find it here, at the bottom of the page: http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/index2.html
If I supply the parameter -t 3 to w_scan scan which sets the tuning timeout
to 'slow' the card
finds almost all channels all the time...

> Regards,
> Tomi Orava
Got a better Antenna today, will try it later.

Greetings,
Ingo Peukes

CD: 4ms