From: Stefano Brivio <stefano.brivio-hl5o88x/ua9eoWH0uzbU5w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.drivers.bcm54xx.devel
Date: Thursday 5th April 2007 00:59:56 UTC (over 9 years ago)
[I'll just try to help further discussion providing IMHO useful
information.
It looks like you didn't even read my message before replying, but that's
not the problem. The problem is that repeating again the same things
doesn't lead anywhere, so I hope somebody else will contribute to
discussion.]

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:29:44 -0600
Theo de Raadt  wrote:

> How about we start with the following people, who do not seem like the
> specific people to mail.
>
> Martin Langer

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Danny van Dyk

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Andreas Jaggi

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Larry Finger

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> [email protected]

He's an OpenSolaris developer interested in bcw for developing a driver for
Broadcom wireless devices. We thought it would be nice to tell him about
this issue.

> Johannes Berg <[email protected]>

He's a reverse engineer, he may help with discussion.

> Joseph Jezak <[email protected]>

He's a reverse engineer, he may help with discussion.

> John Linville

He's the Linux kernel maintainer for the wireless subsystem.

> Greg kh <[email protected]>

He is the current Linux kernel maintainer for the PCI, USB, I²C, driver
core and the sysfs kernel subsystems.

> [email protected]

bcm43xx developers.

> [email protected]

Linux wireless developers.

> [email protected]rg

"In the past 16 months, gpl-violations.org has helped uncover and negotiate
more than 30 out-of-court settlement agreements."

> Copyrighted whitespaces and variable names, you mean, right?

No.

--
Ciao
Stefano