From: Stefan Wold <ratler <at> lunar-linux.org>
Subject: Lunar Linux 1.6.5-rc1 (i686 & x86-64) ISO's released
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.lunar.general
Date: Friday 9th July 2010 18:32:29 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Dear users,

The Lunar team proudly announce the release of Lunar Linux 1.6.5-rc1
codename 'Mare Ingenii'!

This project is still alive and we don't intend to change that!

While news and updates on our main site may have been next to nil we assure
you that the wheels
have been turning behind the scenes. The Lunar team have been busy keeping
the modules up to date.
The new ISO is also a proof that we are still in the game. Come on and help
us test 1.6.5-rc1 and
don't be afraid to give us suggestions on how to make Lunar even better!

New features in 1.6.5
- Based on kernel 2.6.34.1 and glibc 2.11.2
- Added support for EXT4 filesystem
- Added option to change preferred /etc/fstab style; UUID, LABEL or device
name
- Openssh and screen is now part of the LiveCD to allow remote assistance
during install

Summary of changes since 1.6.4
- Isolinux updated
- All modules refreshed
- Custom compilation of the kernel during install should once again be
working
- Pre-compiled kernels now properly generate an install and md5sum log
- Added modules: yasm, gperf, libusb-compat, usbutils, xz, gmp, mpfr,
cron-common, logrotate,
  rsyslog, iwlwifi-3945-ucode, iwlwifi-4965-ucode, iwlwifi-5000-ucode,
screen, slang and mc
- Removed modules: mktemp, lard and device-mapper
- Grub2 tarball is available on the LiveCD for manual install
- Fixed a few minor bugs with the installer
- Rsyslog is now the new default syslog daemon

Download here:
http://lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.5-rc1-i686.iso.bz2
http://lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.5-rc1-x86_64.iso.bz2

SHA1sums