From: Byrom Dorsey <byrom <at> colquitt.org>
Subject: Re: darwin build problemy
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.gumstix.general
Date: Wednesday 14th September 2005 18:40:53 UTC (over 12 years ago)
Hi,

For what it's worth, it looks like your build is failing because
fdatasync is not in your libc.  For linux, I think fdatasync is
the same as fsync.  I took a look at the module that failed to
link and it's got a #define that you could use to link with fsync
instead of fdatasync.  So, you might want to try adding the
compile-time directive "-D_POSIX_SYNCHRONIZED_IO=0" so that the
linker looks for fdatasync instead of fsync.  It's either that or
modify the source module to exclude your O/S from using fdatasync.

Oooh.  Just took a look at the Makefile in

.../build_arm_nofpu/u-boot-1.1.2/tools

It's got Darwin-specific notes.  You probably want to read that if
you haven't already.

Byrom