From: ken staton <ken.staton <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Python Seg Faults
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.gumstix.general
Date: Wednesday 25th October 2006 21:43:59 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On 10/25/06, Brian Waite  wrote:
> I am running Buidlroot 1139 and I still see the issue of python
segfaults.
> I have reproduced it with the simple test of:
> import sys
> import threading
>
> Again, I see the symptoms as others have described where subsequent runs
of
> python may succeed. I checked the mm-armv.c patch and it is applied to my
> kernel version, 2.6.18gum. Has anyone tried the 2.6.19 kernel to see if
it
> helps the issue? Any thoughts.

In the 2.6.18 kernel, mm-armv.c was restructured. The patch you refer to
was vintage 2.6.15. 2.6.17 clearly includes it (and also works...i.e.
no Python segfaults).

2.6.19 is up to release candidate 3, but hasn't been released yet.
There are more changes in the ARM files.

If you want Python to "just work", build rev 1092 (the last before 2.6.18).

Regards,
Ken

easier