From: Kristian Kielhofner <kris <at> krisk.org>
Subject: Re: gumstix-factory.script example please?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.gumstix.general
Date: Tuesday 10th October 2006 16:20:15 UTC (over 10 years ago)
john roll wrote:
> Could someone post an example of this?  I'd like to
> boot an image or kernel from mcc if thats possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

John,

	This script:

http://www.hughes-family.org/~craig/TFTP/gumstix-factory.script

	combined with the BOOTCOMMAND from u-boot's base.patch from gumstix SVN
makes me think that all you have to do is drop gumstix-factory.script
and a valid root filesystem called root_fs_arm onto a fat formated MMC
card.  That should do it.  I'll probably make an attempt at flashing
from CF later.

	Note that this will REFLASH your stix.  It won't let you just boot an
arbitrary kernel from MMC, although with all of u-boot's coolness I am
sure that is possible with a little script-foo.

--
Kristian Kielhofner

your