From: Craig Hughes <craig <at> gumstix.com>
Subject: Re: GPSstix question
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.gumstix.general
Date: Tuesday 1st August 2006 19:44:52 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On Jul 29, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Paul Pigg wrote:

> I haven't played with the GPSstix in particular, but I have used
> socat to do the same thing on a robostix.  From memory, I think the
> command you want is something like
>
> socat open:/dev/ttyS2 open:/dev/rfcomm0
>
> Bluetooth on the gumstix is set up with a getty from the factory,
> so you'll need to change that to use socat instead.  The one caviat
> I found is that you should make sure both ttyS2 and rfcomm0 have
> the same stty settings.

There are options you can pass to socat to set up the termios in your
open call.  I don't recall if those options are enabled in the
gumstix buildroot socat setup or not -- I'll check.  But it'd be
something like:

socat open:/dev/ttyS2,b9600,raw,clocal=1,echo=0 open:/dev/
rfcomm0,b9600,raw,clocal=1,echo=0

or whatever.  You could also do something fancier if you want to
relay via tcp/ip instead:

socat open:/dev/ttyS2,b9600,raw,clocal=1,echo=0 tcp4:$hostname:$port

your