From: Ryan Finnie <ryan-wy0DCL4o5qEdnm+yROfE0A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: emad
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.finnix
Date: Sunday 4th September 2011 04:35:57 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Nick Moffitt
 wrote:
> bill:
>> How do i quit this stupid emad game that's on Finnix? I started it
because I
>> was curious and I can't find any documentation on it and I can't quit
it.

> I think it's important to clear the air here for the benefit of others
> who come across this thread:
>
>        Mindjail is *not* a game, and you ignore it at your peril!
>
> To further mindjail awareness, here is a copy of the original man page:

Thank you for this valuable information.  I consider the lack of
in-Finnix emad documentation to be extremely critical, and this will
be fixed for Finnix 103.

And while I agree with the assertion of Mr. Moffitt that emad is
decidedly not a game (a mindjail simulator would be a more accurate
description), due to historical UNIX precedence (and LSB FHS
recommendations), the emad binary will continue to live in /usr/games.

In the meantime, if you would like to install emad on your own server
or workstation, you may download .debs today:

http://www.finnie.org/software/debian/emad/

RF

CD: 3ms