From: Koen Kooi <koen-QLwJDigV5abLmq1fohREcCpxlwaOVQ5f <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Narcissus update <- IMPORTANT
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.distributions.angstrom.devel
Date: Thursday 3rd May 2012 09:49:56 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

With the change to an oe-core based system a lot of things changed and
angstrom itself has gone through some changes as well. One of those changes
is that some packages were renamed or deprecated.
To keep narcissus working the decision was made to remove all machines and
trim the package lists.

The new machine list matches the autobuilder: qemuarm, qemumips, qemuppc,
qemux86, beagleboard and beagleboard. That matches the machines supported
in OE-core and the ones I get paid to support for my day job.

The branch: https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/narcissus/commits/core-update
Test setup: http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/narcissus/

The process to add machines is fairly simple:

1) Find the layer for the machine in http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex
2) Check the setup scripts to see if it's already configured
3) Send patch for setupscripts
4) Send patch for narcissus

The process for packages is pretty much the same. The will need review
since not every layer plays nice with others. I'm hoping that this process
will be easy enough for people to follow while preventing non-working
combinations to get added.

As always, feedback appreciated.

regards,

Koen