From: Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx <secretary <at> debian.org>
Subject: Debian Project Leader Elections 2013: Call for nominations
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.vote
Date: Saturday 2nd March 2013 10:25:52 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi,

According to the constitution (5.2. Appointment), project
leader elections should begin "six weeks before the leadership
post becomes vacant, or (if it is too late already) immediately."

The new project leader term starts on Tuesday the 17th of April,
2013.  The time line looks like:

| Period     | Start                    | End                        |
|------------+--------------------------+----------------------------|
| Nomination | Sunday, March  3th, 2013 | Saturday, March  9th, 2013 |
| Campaign   | Sunday, March 10th, 2013 | Saturday, March 30th, 2013 |
| Vote       | Sunday, March 31st, 2013 | Saturday, April 13th, 2013 |

Prospective leaders should be familiar with the constitution, but
just to review: there's a one week period when interested
developers can nominate themselves and announce their platform,
followed by a three week period intended for campaigning, followed
by two weeks for the election itself.

I intend to collect platform statements from the candidates, and
publish them at http://www.debian.org/vote/2013/platforms/
at the
end of the nomination period, which means around March 10th.

I suggest that the candidates send the platform, preferably in
wml or HTML, to the secretary at least a day before the
publication date.

The format of the web page is open to discussion, but I suggest
there be at least three sections:
- Introduction / Biography
- Major Goal / Meat of the platform
- Rebuttal.

The candidates can make a rebuttal.  I would like to receive them
in the first week of the campaign period, so I can publish them
around March 17th.

Details and results for the vote will be published at:
http://www.debian.org/vote/2013/vote_001

Please make sure that nominations are sent to (or cc:'d to)
debian-vote, and are cryptographically signed.

Kurt Roeckx
Debian Project Secretary

CD: 2ms