From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro <at> softwarelivre.org>
Subject: getting rid of packages-wip/ in our SVN repository
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.ruby.extras
Date: Saturday 13th September 2008 16:15:50 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi all,

I was just wondering: since our QA report tool [1] supports listing
packages not in the repository yet as "work in progress" [2], why don't we
remove the packages-wip/ directory from our repository?

This would have IMO the following advantages:

  * the WIP packages would appear in the QA report and we would be
    more aware of their status
  * less clutter in our repository

To do this we'll need to do the following:

  * update documentation on website
  * check the packages currently in packages-wip/ with their proponents
    (maintainers, uploaders):
    * move those which are actually going to be uploaded into packages/
    * remove the ones which are not going to be uploaded, either because
      they are too buggy, unmaintained upstream or have copyright problems
      and noone seems to be willing to take care of them.
  * remove packages-wip/

I am willing to organize that, what do you think?

[1] http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi
[2] See pkg-perl's own QA report:
    http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi

--