From: Daniel Ellison <daniel <at> syrinx.net>
Subject: Re: Simple default ISO generation fails
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.live
Date: Tuesday 7th February 2012 19:56:47 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On 07/02/12 02:48 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> what errors exactely? sorry, i'm kind of lost with all this back and
forth.

Early on in the boot sequence I see:

Begin: Mounting "/live/image/live/filesystem.squashfs" on
"//filesystem.squashfs" via "/dev/loop0" ... done.

But later on I get:

Mount point '/filesystem.squashfs' does not exist. Skipping mount. ...
(warning).

and later:

startpar: service(s) returned failure: udev console-setup live-boot ...
failed!

>> Hopefully this has nothing to do with
>> virtualization! :)
>
> i don't think so; building in a vm/container is safe, i do it all the
time.

That's good to hear. Just to eliminate that possibility, I'm building an
ISO right now on my laptop, no VMs in sight. Hopefully (!) it'll fail in
the same way.

Daniel