From: Paul Wise <pabs <at> debian.org>
Subject: Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.general
Date: Tuesday 20th August 2013 10:44:50 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> ...change anything about their model.  However, as a Debian Developer, I
> would be extremely uncomfortable about having tiers of security support
> for our packages were we to try to duplicate something like LTS.

We are already no longer supporting iceweasel in squeeze:

http://www.debian.org/security/2013/dsa-2735

At one point we stopped supporting clamav in oldstable:

http://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1497

At one point there was an experiment to express the lack of security
support for specific packages using debtags. This seems to have been
dropped but you can see that sql-ledger and kfreebsd weren't supported
at one point:

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/tagindex/secteam.html
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2008-June/001795.html

bye,