From: Ian Jackson <ijackson <at> chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Subject: Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.general
Date: Tuesday 28th February 2012 14:36:11 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Josselin Mouette writes ("Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream
version"):
> Or, as has been said countless times otherwise: kFreeBSD should not
> hinder the improvement of the Linux ports.

It's not just kFreeBSD.  Accepting systemd, in the current state,
means permanently tying ourselves to the Linux kernel.

The Linux kernel project has some serious and ongoing structural
problems and I think it's very important that as a project we keep our
options open.

I have no hesitation in utterly rejecting the idea that we should base
our system on a project whose upstream refuse to consider portability
as a worthwhile goal.

There are of course other reasons not to like systemd.

Ian.

CD: 12ms