-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:07:32 +0100
Binary: libdpkg-dev dpkg dpkg-dev libdpkg-perl dselect
Architecture: source amd64 all
Maintainer: Dpkg Developers
Changed-By: Cyril Brulebois
dpkg - Debian package management system
dpkg-dev - Debian package development tools
dselect - Debian package management front-end
libdpkg-dev - Debian package management static library
libdpkg-perl - Dpkg perl modules
Closes: 192619 367608 427945 595144 608884 627832 636238 642473 642608
642802 643746 643969 644370 646496 647915 648180 648217 649248 651481
651813 651993 652414 653575 654453 654626 655411 656496
dpkg (1.16.2~multiarch) experimental; urgency=low
[ Cyril Brulebois ]
* Non-maintainer upload. Let's push multiarch to the masses.
[ Guillem Jover ]
* Move and to the top of trigdeferred.l to
use the configured features and compat code.
* Honour --disable-nls when the system lacks obstack support, by
the obstack compat module from gnulib.
* Link the libdpkg unit tests with libcompat and libintl, so that
needing them will compile correctly.
* Check for the presence of the strnlen declaration and correctly
the compat one in case the systems lacks it.
* Do not assume existence of paths on the build system in the test
* Do not fail to link dselect on MacOS X when using --disable-nls.
* Remove versioned coreutils Pre-Depends from dpkg due to the ancient
md5sum transition. Reported by Bill Allombert .
* Change dpkg-architecture to only compute the requested variables.
- Fixes the bootstrapping problem, as the dpkg build system only needs
the host architecture, for which dpkg itself is not required.
- Reduces the amount of work performed, including loading and parsing
unnecessary table files or calling either of gcc or dpkg programs.
* Improve error message in dpkg-gencontrol and dpkg-gensymbols when
debian/control does not have any package stanza. Closes: #642473
Based on a patch by Kyle Willmon .
* Add Pre-Depends on tar >= 1.23 (satisfied in stable) to dpkg due to it
using the ‘--warning=no-timestamp’ option. Closes: #642802
* Do not segfault on GNU/Linux when dpkg cannot retrieve the block size
for the filesystem containing the info database. LP: #872734
* Fix two memory leaks per tar entry in the tar extractor used on
* Mark dpkg and dselect as Multi-Arch foreign.
Reported by Steve Langasek .
* Mark dpkg-dev and libdpkg-perl as Multi-Arch foreign. Closes: #648217
Thanks to Colin Watson .
* Add new deb-origin.5 man page. Closes: #608884
Thanks to Matt Kraai .
* Return correct status on start-stop-daemon --status when using
* Treat dpkg-deb compression level independently for each backend. This
has the effect of changing the current behaviour for level 0 on all
compressors except gzip.
* Add new dpkg-deb -S option to specify the compression strategy. The
currently supported value is “extreme” for xz. Closes: #647915
* Stop using brace expansion to install man pages by using dh_installman
instead of dh_install, the former does not abort on empty glob
* Do not use absolute paths for programs in perl and shell code.
* Add missing ‘*’ in asprintf() and vasprintf() compat declarations.
* Add support for virtual output binary:Summary and db:Status-Abbrev
Closes: #192619, #427945
* Add support for virtual output source:Package and source:Version
* Use a different temporary file per process on libcompat's vsnprintf()
function to avoid race conditions from children after fork(3).
Reported by Daniel Ruoso . Closes: #655411
* Fix start-stop-daemon --exec and --name options on FreeBSD, NetBSD and
OpenBSD by swapping the process matching implementations.
* Fix start-stop-daemon --name option on GNU/Hurd to match the process
* Document in more detail the implications of start-stop-daemon matching
options. Closes: #367608
* Improve and clarify dpkg-shlibdeps superfluous linking warning
Based on a patch by Peter Eisentraut . Closes:
[ Raphaël Hertzog ]
* Update Dpkg::Shlibs to look into multiarch paths when cross-building
too. Closes: #595144
* Rewrite architecture.mk with explicit loops instead of duplicating
similar lines. Based on a patch by Thorsten Glaser .
* Modify dpkg-gencontrol and dpkg-distaddfile to grab a write lock
on debian/control before updating debian/files to avoid simultaneous
updates. Closes: #642608
Add libfile-fcntllock-perl to dpkg-dev's Depends since we use this
to handle the locking.
* Update dpkg-gensymbols(1) to clarify that -e accepts shell patterns
expansions and not regular expressions. And let dpkg-gensymbols output
warning when a pattern doesn't match any file. Closes: #