From: Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw <at> debian.org>
Subject: Bits from the Release Team: A Slightly Moveable Feast
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.announce
Date: Thursday 3rd March 2016 22:13:59 UTC (about 1 year ago)
Hi,

Updated freeze dates for Stretch
--------------------------------

At a recent release team meeting it was decided that the freeze
for Stretch will be slightly delayed from earlier announcements.
We anticipate releasing Stretch with version 4.10 of the Linux
kernel, which means a longer upstream support period and improved
compatibility.

All previously announced dates are deferred by two calendar
months; that is:

   * 5th November 2016: transitions freeze
   * 5th January 2017: "Soft" freeze
     - no new packages
     - no re-entry
     - normal migrations
   * 5th February 2018: Full freeze

For the avoidance of doubt, this change is a one-off to align with
an expected release of Linux only. We aren't in a position to try
and accomodate other projects, however much we'd like to be able
to.

("But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river
would flow again after it was frozen."
                              -- Ernest Hemingway, "A Moveable Feast")

For the release team:
--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      [email protected]
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

CD: 3ms