From: Guido =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=FCnther?= <agx <at> debian.org>
Subject: Bits from the 6th Debian Groupware Meeting
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.devel.announce
Date: Sunday 28th April 2013 17:07:56 UTC (over 3 years ago)
The sixth Debian Groupware Meeting[1] was held in the LinuxHotel, Essen,
Germany[2]. We had one remote hacker from NYC which brings the number of
attendants up to nine - an all time high! This is a short summary of
what happened during the weekend:

* Sogo 2.0.5 got uploaded to unstable[3] and work on OpenChange support is
  advancing.

* D-push (the rebranded version of z-push) got split and restructured to
  better handle different backends. An update in experimental is
  pending.

* Giraffe's git[4] (the rebranded version of zaraffa) got updated to 7.1.
  There's some more work needed to get this into the archive though.

* There's been progress on getting Kolab3 into Debian starting with
  libkolabxml 0.8.4 and libkolab 0.4.2 (also needed by kde-pim).

* mozilla-devscripts now handles Iceowl as well [5] so packaging
  calendaring extensions like [6] becomes even more useful.

* Icedove and Iceowl bugsquashing. New versions were uploaded to unstable
  and experimental. The bug count trends [7][8] look
  quiet promising but we really need help for #658664[9].

* We did some davmail[10] <-> iceowl/icedove interop testing.

* The Groupware Page[11] got updated

* We had some discussions about calendar and addressbook detection and
  autoconfiguration. For CalDAV/CardDAV there's a specification
  available already[12] but there seems to be no client implementation in
  Debian so we started[13] to work on it.

* We had a nice barbecue enjoying the first warm days.

Cheers,
 -- Guido (on behalf of the Debian Groupware Meeting attendees)

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/GroupwareMeeting2013-04-12to14
[2]: http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html
[3]: http://packages.debian.org/sid/sogo-common
[4]: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-giraffe/giraffe.git