From: Jean-Michel Philippe <jean-michel.philippe <at> doudoulinux.org>
Subject: DoudouLinux 2.0 Hyperborea is out!
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.debian.derivatives
Date: Friday 28th June 2013 11:43:03 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hello!

The whole team is very glad to inform you that DoudouLinux 2.0
Hyperborea is now officially out :). After 2 years of development, this
new major version is providing many great new features [1] with fully
redesigned advanced activities, new graphics, new applications, a new
installer, etc. Available in 43 languages, this release is nearly
occurring 3 years after the birth of our project in 2010, which shows
the interest our project has gained all around the world. As usual you
can give it a try from:

http://download.doudoulinux.org/

But DoudouLinux is not just a CD/DVD of educative stuffs for children.
DoudouLinux is now a vast project on its own. We have published with
version 2.0 a manifesto [2] that defines the philosophy and the ethics
of our project: we want our children be able to fully master the digital
world they are going to live in, instead of undergoing it. As a result
we now feel very concerned about user privacy [3], especially when it
comes to children. DoudouLinux also wants to drive children (and their
parents) to projects with a similar philosophy as ours: Wikipedia,
OpenStreetMap, Open CLipart Library, etc. As you can see, DoudouLinux
can do more than just collecting children-oriented applications and this
is what we have started to do.

[1]
http://www.doudoulinux.org/web/english/documentation-7/article/what-s-new-in-the-latest-release.html
[2]