From: Henry Nestler <henry.ne-KvP5wT2u2U0 <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Network general howto start
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.colinux.general
Date: Monday 2nd May 2011 21:11:34 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello Zeljko,

Questions are better here in the User list, as in the forum with the
title about Debian image.

On 02.05.2011 21:18, SourceForge.net:
> Read and respond to this message at:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/colinux/forums/forum/342354/topic/4099047
> By: studos
>
> Hi!
> I just installed co-Linux-0.7.9 on my WinXP laptop with WiFi connection
(but
> without downloading the image).
> Then I started it in c://coLinux/ with your files and it works!
> ...well sort of...
> i am in room command line and wanted to apt-get few things,
> but I do not have network running automatically :-(
> Where should I look for info on how to set it up?
>
> Best Zeljko

Lock at http://colinux.wikia.com/wiki/Network#Slirp
and configure to use
SLiRP.
SLiRP is the only way to use with WiFI.
I mostly use SLiRP with static networt address (see
http://colinux.wikia.com/wiki/Network#SLiRP_with_Static_IP_Address),
but
dhcp also works.

Simple add "eth0=slirp" to your coLinux config, and configure the
network in the file /etc/network/interfaces

--
Henry N.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd

CD: 3ms