From: Brian J. Watson <Brian.J.Watson <at> hp.com>
Subject: Re: 1.9 unixmn / rmtunix assert failures
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.cluster.ssic.devel
Date: Thursday 25th August 2005 21:48:50 UTC (over 12 years ago)
Roger Tsang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some unixnm / rmtunix Assert failures here... OpenSSI-1.9
>
> -Roger
>

> Aug 25 00:44:55 node2 kernel: Assertion failed! hash > 0 && hash < 256,
> cluster/ssi/ipc/unixnm.c, unixnm_put, line=880
>
> Aug 25 00:14:48 node1 kernel: gnome-panel: rmtunix_stream_sendmsg:
> current limit of one data block per remote sendmsg()

This is a limitation in my implementation of the rmtunix and rmtsock
sendmsg ops. A complete implementation should be able to handle multiple
data blocks in the iovec pointer of the msghdr structure. This was never
fixed because I've never seen a report of it causing a problem until
now. It shouldn't be difficult to correct.

> Aug 25 00:43:45 node1 kernel: Assertion failed! rerror != -66,
> cluster/ssi/ipc/rmtunix.c, rmtunix_release_rmtpair, line=847

Not sure why this is happening, but the -EREMOTE (-66) is probably
coming from rmtunixsvr_get_sock() on the target node for the
RMTUNIXSVR_RELEASE_RMTPAIR() RPC.

Brian