From: Dag Wieers <dag-TpjQRECdbeTQT0dZR+AlfA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: progress?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.centos.devel
Date: Sunday 20th February 2011 17:13:28 UTC (over 6 years ago)
On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>> Could I ask a simple question:
>> When the Centos6 build (for i386 or x86_64) was release / build  at 100%
>> (or close) ?
>
> It might be 2 weeks from now or 2 months from now.  I would like to
> think it will be closer to 2 weeks, but it will be completed when it
> gets completed.

Johnny,

So it's absolutely normal a CentOS 5.6 release is 10 weeks late and
there's no intent to speed up the process to lower the time to do future
releases ?

If that is the case, we might want to make that more clear on the wiki,
eg. in my CentOS introduction presentation from 2008 we still mention that
releases are (up to) 4 weeks behind RHEL.

I don't think most of the users ever expected to be without security
updates for 10 weeks or more when choosing CentOS, and that is an
important characteristic.

--
-- dag wieers, [email protected], http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, [email protected], http://dagit.net/