From: Bruce Perens <bruce <at> perens.com>
Subject: Re: Please tone down the GPL3 paranoia
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.busybox
Date: Friday 15th September 2006 16:07:48 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Rob Landley wrote:
> The old code can still be used under the terms of the GPLv2.
Yes, you may still use my old contributions under the GPL2 or indeed any
GPL license whatsoever. But I want to be extremely clear about this. I
do not wish you to redesignate my old contributions to be licensable
under GPL2 only, and am quite sure that you would be violating my rights
to do so, even if you differ.

Thus, I request and require that you add a notice to the license
statement for busybox that portions of the program are copyrighted by
me, and may be licensed under the GNU General Public License without
regard to the particular version of that license. You must preserve that
notice in all further releases.

To the extent that you have made use of legal counsel, IMO you haven't
asked them the right questions.

    Bruce

CD: 4ms