From: Kelvin Xu <kyoxu <at> hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: pin code
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.bluez.user
Date: Friday 2nd March 2007 11:43:23 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Hi,

i am faced with the sam problems as KS H. I have also cross compiled dBus
and Bluez Util for ARM using Scratchbox.
I followed the similar steps provided by Prabhu. However, I do not have the

message.pid entry in /var/run but have an additional "pid" entry in
/var/run/dbus.

And when i try to execute hcid i received the following error:
# hcid -n -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
hcid[790]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[790]: Can't open system message bus connection: Failed to connect to
socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
hcid[790]: Unable to get on D-Bus

Please advice. Thank you

Regards,
Kelvin

>From: "Prabhu nath"
>To: "BlueZ users"
>Subject: [Bluez-users]Re: [Bluez-users] 回覆: Re: pin code
>Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:02:33 +0530
>
>On 1/26/07, KS H  wrote:
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>I follow the configure described. When I execut 'dbus-daemon --system'
>>it return
>>
>>Failed to start message bus: Could not get UID and GID for username
>>"messagebus"
>>What is that mean?
>

> U have to create a username by name *messagebus*    #
>adduser -D -H messagebus
>
>and also there is no blue-hcid.conf in hcid folder
>>but I found a file call bluetooth.conf. is that the same file you said
>

> Sorry it is bluez-hcid.confRegards
>
>SH
>*Prabhu nath * 說:
>
>>  You have to cross-compile dbus-1.0, and start dbus-daemon before
>>executing hcid.
>>dbus-daemon --system
>>
>>While cross-compiling dbus-1.0 and bluez-utils, pass the following
>>parameters for the configure script.
>>--localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
>>
>>Once you do this, by default hcid will look for hcid.conf in
>>/etc/bluetooth directory.
>>

>>*Warning*. Take a backup of /etc/dbus-1 and /etc/bluetooth, because this
>>will overwrite the previous config, which was already present in ur
>>system.
>>
>>Run make install for dbus, and u need not run make install for
>>bluez-utils. U can directly copy the hcid.conf and blue-hcid.conf to
>>/etc/bluetooth and /etc/dbus-1/system.d directory respectively.
>>
>>Now, when u start dbus-daemon --system, it will create a
system_bus_socket