From: Alok <develnewbie <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Handling simultaneous SCO connections: Does BlueZhave multiple SCO buffers?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.bluez.devel
Date: Thursday 12th July 2007 09:27:13 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 04:01 -0400, George Hansel wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 06:58 +0200, Niels v/d Spek wrote:
> > Brad Midgley wrote:
> > > George
> > >
> > > bluetooth adapters that are connected by usb need to have a kernel
mod
> > > to allow the alternate setting to be changed dynamically. There's an
> > > experimental patch out there:
> > >
> > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/11999
> > >
> > > the patch also assumes you have the flowcontrol patch applied first:
> > >
> > > http://bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluetooth-alsa/plugz/patches/sco-flowcontrol-v4.2.diff?view=log
> > >
> > Brad,
> >
> > I'm using Ubuntu 7.4 and like to know of this patches are there also
needed?

> > thanks anyway
> >
> > Niels
> > > Brad

> Neils,
>
> I am also using Ubuntu 7.04 (latest patches, etc). As it turned out, I
> created a workaround for my problem, not using the patches. Depending
> on your application, you will need them as well. The Bluetooth stack
> is developed independently, but is incorporated into the Linux kernel,
> and so should be quite uniform throughout different distributions.
>
> George

Hi,

If you want to use  multiple SCO connections (and your adapter is
connected through USB )you need the alternate setting patch along with
the sco-flowcontrol patch.

Brad, There are some changes in that patch , I am attaching the latest
one.
There can be some issues which i might have missed, will test it out and
send a final patch soon.

Thanks to Whoopie for testing the new patch .

Thanks,
Alok Barsode.

CD: 4ms