From: Colin Charles <byte-IlaEUAdUqeFvqeczSxQ3UQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Grant Application: OLS speaker travel
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.australia
Date: Wednesday 21st March 2007 01:50:08 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Ben Martin wrote:

> From my understanding OLS has many kernel folks attending, which would
> be a chance to talk about how to implement stuff like filesystem
> overlays for implementing load time precaching to speed up application
> launch with the ability of the precache mechanics going away after load.
> Since I've not wandered much on the kernel side of the syscall line OLS
> would be a great chance to advocate such project ideas over a few
> bribes^W beers.

Just a quickie, but the reason there are a lot of kernel folks is that
the kernel summit happens during the 2 days before OLS (usually). For
those not invited to the kernel summit, there's always the desktopcon

However, this year, its not going to be in Ottawa, so there might be
/less/ kernel folk showing up. Its in the UK, in September, afaik

(just something to keep in mind)

Otherwise, its true, OLS, is a great conference. I've had a great time
everytime I go there. Though it can get a little too warm for my liking
(weather wise), but if you can survive sweltering heat during our
summers, you'd be fine
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi