From: EmIScA <emisca <at> email.it>
Subject: Asus P5LD2 SE AD1986A snd-hda-intel model and master volume control
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.alsa.devel
Date: Sunday 15th October 2006 11:38:45 UTC (over 11 years ago)
To get sound from my Asus P5LD2 SE motherboard (which uses AD1986A
codec) I had to set model=3stack manually using alsa 1.0.13.
It works well, but I have no master volume mixer control, why? There is
a Headphone control which don't control anything. Perhaps I can set the
volume using the Front control. Is it fixable? Can I  map Front as
Master? Can I create a master control that controls front, surround,
center and lfe together?

Ask me for other details if needed....
Thanks,
Emilio Scalise

lspci -vv output:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 817f
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
SERR- http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

CD: 3ms