From: Wen Congyang <wency <at> cn.fujitsu.com>
Subject: [Patch v5 0/7] acpi,memory-hotplug: implement framework for hot removing memory
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.acpi.devel
Date: Thursday 15th November 2012 06:59:30 UTC (over 5 years ago)
The memory device can be removed by 2 ways:
1. send eject request by SCI
2. echo 1 >/sys/bus/pci/devices/PNP0C80:XX/eject

In the 1st case, acpi_memory_disable_device() will be called.
In the 2nd case, acpi_memory_device_remove() will be called.
acpi_memory_device_remove() will also be called when we unbind the
memory device from the driver acpi_memhotplug or a driver initialization
fails.

acpi_memory_disable_device() has already implemented a code which
offlines memory and releases acpi_memory_info struct . But
acpi_memory_device_remove() has not implemented it yet.

So the patch prepares the framework for hot removing memory and
adds the framework into acpi_memory_device_remove().

We may hotremove the memory device by this 2 ways at the same time.
So we remove the function acpi_memory_disable_device(), and use
acpi_bus_hot_remove_device() which is used by 2nd case to implement it.
We lock device in acpi_bus_hot_remove_device(), so there is no
need to add lock in acpi_memhotplug.

The last version of this patchset is here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/8/121

Note:
1. The following commit in pm tree can be dropped now(The other two patches
   are already dropped):
   54c4c7db6cb94d7d1217df6d7fca6847c61744ab
2. This patchset requires the following patch(It is in pm tree now)
   https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/1/225

Changes from v4 to v5:
1. patch2: new patch. use acpi_bus_hot_remove_device() to implement memory
   device hotremove.

Changes from v3 to v4:
1. patch1: unlock list_lock when removing memory fails.
2. patch2: just rebase them
3. patch3-7: these patches are in -mm tree, and they conflict with this
   patchset, so Adrew Morton drop them from -mm tree. I rebase and merge
   them into this patchset.

Wen Congyang (6):
  acpi,memory-hotplug: deal with eject request in hotplug queue
  acpi_memhotplug.c: fix memory leak when memory device is unbound from
    the module acpi_memhotplug
  acpi_memhotplug.c: free memory device if acpi_memory_enable_device()
    failed
  acpi_memhotplug.c: don't allow to eject the memory device if it is
    being used
  acpi_memhotplug.c: bind the memory device when the driver is being
    loaded
  acpi_memhotplug.c: auto bind the memory device which is hotplugged
    before the driver is loaded

Yasuaki Ishimatsu (1):
  acpi,memory-hotplug : add memory offline code to
    acpi_memory_device_remove()

 drivers/acpi/acpi_memhotplug.c | 206