From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <petithug <at> acm.org>
Subject: Re: GNU Free Call
Newsgroups: gmane.ietf.obscurity
Date: Tuesday 22nd March 2011 16:44:34 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi Christian,

On 03/21/2011 10:37 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:
>> Not obscure, but at least slightly opaque:
>>
>> http://planet.gnu.org/gnutelephony/?p=14
>>

>> Question: What could be done to reduce the "stand out", or "obviousness"
of a SIPWitch node?

> P2P SIP comes to mind. Especially if we can use a form of P2P that allows
for "local" discovery, without sending traffic to central points.

I am not sure to understand what you mean by local discovery.  Can you
elaborate?  (I plan to release a FOSS implementation of RELOAD this year.
I'll
let someone else do the SIP part, but I am interested on requirements for
the
P2P part).

Thanks.

CD: 2ms