From: Richard Kettering <kettering.richard <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wesnoth Apple App Store GPL violation?
Newsgroups: gmane.games.wesnoth.devel
Date: Monday 12th July 2010 01:16:34 UTC (over 7 years ago)
I'd like to strongly reiterate this comment from Oron Pered.
Immediate ultimatums will do nothing but destroy the project.

> Let's postpone (for a reasonable time) painfull steps like
> withdrawing code. When people make wrong moves (we all do
> sometimes), they need to be given a chance to *fix* them and not
> immediate ultimatums.

I would also caution the hardline FSF-types that the majority of the
artists/musicians on this project, most of whom use macs (or windows),
are probably more in support of Apple, than the FSF.  We do not see a
conflict between the GPL and the iOS, and we'd be outraged if you take
wesnoth away from us in order to strive for a slightly more
fundamentalist interpretation of the GPL.  Removing our ability to run
the software we have built, on the platform we want, just because you
dislike the platform, flies in the face of everything the GPL has ever
stood for.

I strongly encourage everyone to give us time to come to -amenable-
terms over this, rather than demanding immediate, destructive
changes.  If we demand something that large parts of the project are
unhappy with, it will split the project apart, and halt all further
development.  If that happens, everyone loses.

CD: 3ms