From: Patrick Hawkins <phawk42 <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Interaction of org-mode and Muse (was: Adapting org-mode to my needs)
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.wiki.general
Date: Wednesday 26th April 2006 21:15:27 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On 4/26/06, Michael Olson  wrote:

> If someone is familiar with both modes, feel free to suggest ways that
> they could complement one another.

By far my favorite featureset in org-mode that muse lacks is the table
support, which piggybacks on calc to form more of a spreadsheet than
table support. Insanely cool.

Only slightly off-topic, I have a few, probably not so serious
reservations about putting Markdown support into Muse. Markdown was
designed to be converted into (X)HTML only, and thus many little
decisions must have gone into the design of Markdown that, whilst
making transitions into HTML fantastic, probably provide some thorny
issues for integration with Muse. For example,  tags. Markdown
allows for valid XHTML tags, but throw in anything crazy like that and
it will cease to be a generic, parses-anywhere Markdown document. If
we're trying to serve those who use Markdown on a regular basis, and
ease their transition to Muse, it would be well for those we serve to
maintain integration with their other Markdown workflow. If they are
comfortable switching their workflow entirely, then I suppose this
isn't as much of an issue, but there are numerous (maybe even tens of)
tools that parse Markdown and would choke on a Muse/Markdown hybrid.

-Patrick

CD: 5ms