From: Rick Frankel <rick <at> rickster.com>
Subject: Re: Process diagrams with dot and some glue using Org-mode
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Friday 28th June 2013 15:34:48 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On 2013-06-28 05:20, Karl Voit wrote:
> * Rick Frankel  wrote:
>
> And here's a simplier version which uses a graph table in the
> following format:
> [...]
>
> I tried to use your solution with the "#+call:" method.
>
> Unfortunately, it fails and due to my limited ELISP knowledge, I can
> not debug this issue. I've got the feeling that you might be able to
> spot my error right away.
>
> #+call: graph-from-table(nodes=example-node-table,graph=example-graph)
>
> -> this results in "format: Wrong type argument: listp, hline"

This is because of what seems to be a bug in babel -- :colnames
options are not being respected in/for call lines. You always get the
above error when trying to process a table in elisp and the header is
not removed.

The solution is to specify the range on the call:

#+call:
graph-from-table(nodes=example-node-table[2:-1],graph=example-graph[2:-1])

> > Note: I got the following additional parameters "in my pipeline" (want
> to make them work) as well:
>
> :exports results :resname example-result :file
> ~/tmp/2del/example-simple.png

You will also need to specify results :file; and the filename as a
parameter to the called block not the call. `Call's always export the
results i believe (you can add :exports results to the orginal source
block).

#+call: graph-from-file[:file out.png](...) :results file

I don't think there is a :resname option. There was a #+RESNAME:
keyword, but it has been replaced w/ #+NAME:, which is currently not
functional for call lines (but is a hot topic in another thread on the
list.)

rick

CD: 3ms