From: Kyle Andrews <kyle.c.andrews <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to integrate org-mode in a MS Windows-/Office-based environment?
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Monday 16th July 2012 23:03:23 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi Martin,

You should be able to link to Excel and Word documents from Org by
prefixing the normal path with "file+sys:" instead of just file.  This
doesn't work when the files are on a Windows Share (at least for me),
though.  I'm also interested in getting a robust connection between Org and
Outlook so I will be paying attention to this thread with earnest.

Best Regards,

Kyle

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM, M  wrote:

> I'm using Emacs org-mode for task and information management in a
business
> environment dominated by Microsoft products (Windows, Office, ...).
>
> I wonder how to create a set-up for maximum productivity and I'd like to
> know how you integrate org-mode in your work on MS Windows.
>

>> Creating hyperlinks in my org-mode files/tasks, which let me jump
directly
> to E-Mail in MS Outlook (Exchange-based), open Word-, Excel- or
Powerpoint
> documents, etc. is a very helpful feature for integrating org-mode.
>
> Are there other techniques, tools or add-ons which are helpful for that
> purpose?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Martin

CD: 2ms