From: <amscopub-mail <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: Feature request: modify italic regexp list to include non-breaking space and other characters
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Wednesday 20th April 2011 15:04:54 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Sample code:
  Using /a/’s and /b/’s, write add /x/ + 2.
           ^         ^                ^ ^
       Right single quotation mark    Non-breaking space

Expected HTML export:
  Using a’s and b’s, write x + 2.

Actual HTML export:
  Using /a/’s and /b/’s, write add /x/ + 2.

If it's not clear, the sample code uses the unicode character "right single
character" instead of an apostrophe and "non-breaking space" instead of
regular white space.

It makes sense to use these characters this way, however, orgmode neither
displays the italic expressions correctly nor exports them correctly.

I believe older versions of orgmode worked in the expected way.

How can I modify the regexp list? Bold characters are also affected.

Using 7.4.

CD: 3ms