From: =?utf-8?Q?S=C3=A9bastien_Vauban?= <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Org-capture does not work with "long" extracts of text
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Thursday 24th March 2011 15:47:32 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

I'm using for months Org-capture, with a lot of interest. In the beginning,
it
was on Firefox/Ubuntu, now it is (for external reasons) on Firefox/Windows
XP.

I think I can relate the limitation I'll expose with the switch from Linux
Windows. However, that does not necessarily mean that Windows is the
culprit,
as there are so many (little) differences between the two systems.

So, what's the limitation?  I can only capture _short text_ extracts from
the
Web. Once it gets over 20 lines of text or so, the "Org-capture" button
still
does not do anything.

On the same page (whichever, in fact) as the one exhibiting the above
problem,
selecting a shorter region of text makes the behavior of the button come
back
to life.

So, it really is related somehow to the length of the copied text (words,
lines, bytes, ...?).

Any idea or workaround for this?

Best regards,
  Seb