From: John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [O] Something like 'org-clock-in-at-time'?
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Saturday 12th March 2011 20:48:31 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

Could someone fill me in on your process for clocking in things after
the fact? I've been trying to get into to clocking, but, especially at
home, I don't return to my computer in between every different thing.
Instead, I stop at it when I get a pause and try to fill in what I've
been doing. So far, this has been something akin to:

- create a new sub-headline and call it what I was doing
- C-c C-c to tag it
- C-c C-x C-i followed by C-c C-x C-o to create a clocked time stamps
- Manually edit the times
- C-c C-c to update the count

This gets quite tedious when adding several things. I have to expand
the logbook, and then fiddle with the times.
Could there be (or is there already) a function that might act like
the date selection screen for clocking? I looked at the completion
list for org-clock-* commands and none of them looked promising. I
could envision something like:

- M-x org-clock-in-at-time
- Minibuffer presents date selection, you select date just like for
timestamps
- Minibuffer requests time in form HH:MM and you can type it in

Same type of function for clocking out. This would *vastly* simplify
how I end up clocking.

I'm absolutely open to suggestions from others on how you deal with
this. Perhaps this is an opportunity to learn about how the *experts*
access some functionality I'm currently unaware of!

Thanks,
John

CD: 3ms