From: Matt Lundin <mdl <at> imapmail.org>
Subject: [O] Problem opening links that span more than one line
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Tuesday 8th March 2011 18:53:17 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I find that I cannot open or edit bracket links that span more than one
line. For example, org-capture often generates link with a long
description. If the link is part of a filled paragraph, the link will
often span 5 to 10 lines. Even though it properly fontifies and exports
such links, org-insert-link and org-open-at-point cannot handle them.

The problematic lines are in org.el:

In org-insert-link:
8808:      ((org-in-regexp org-bracket-link-regexp 1)
In org-open-at-point:
9215: 	  (when (org-in-regexp org-bracket-link-regexp 1)

Would it be possible to set a saner default value than 1 here? As it
stands org-mode only looks for the link across a total of 3 lines. A
parameter of 5, for instance, would allow links to span 10 lines.

Best,
Matt

CD: 2ms