From: Tommy Kelly <tommy.kelly <at> verilab.com>
Subject: Minor gotcha with org-agenda-files
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Saturday 22nd January 2011 16:31:52 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I just figured out why, despite having a setq in my .emacs, my
org-agenda-files wasn't what I thought it should be.

It's because if you modify that variable using C-c [ or C-c ], then any
explicit setq is rendered obsolete by the custom-set-variables
entry that gets added automatically.

Tell us something we don't know, says y'all, and maybe it's as it should
be. But in that case would it be worth adding a note to the relevant
part of section 10.1 in the manual?

Tommy

P.S. The current online section 10.1 says that C-c [ is bound
to org-agenda-to-front. In fact it appears to be bound to
org-agenda-file-to-front.