From: Sunny Srivastava <research.baba <at> gmail.com>
Subject: [org-beamer] Question: How to insert different background images on different frames
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Thursday 6th January 2011 21:48:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello Org-mode users:

I am still a beginner with org-mode and I am trying to make my first beamer
presentation using org-mode exclusively. I had my moments of enlightenment
but at the moment I am stuck, please bear with me if my question is very
basic.

I want to include different background images for different frames. The
beamer solution is to use \usebackgroundtemplate.

Let's say I want to insert the image on the 2nd frame, I would write the
latex code as follows:

\end{frame}   %% frame 1 ends

% Now we install the new template for the following frames:

\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}
}

\begin{frame} %% frame 2 begins

%% This frame will have my_background_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

% Now we install another template, effective from now on, we will use a
different background image
\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_different_image.png}
}

\begin{frame}

%% This frame will have my_different_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

For no image we can simply use \usebackgroundtemplate{}.

Currently I tried to replicate this in org by doing something like this

* frame 1
  - item1
  - item2

#+begin_latex
\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}
}
#+begin_latex

* frame 2

This inserts the latex statement before \end{frame} (as expected). Is there
a way to get the statement after \end{frame} in the exported .tex file? It
would be even better if I can avoid using latex and let org handle this.

I am sorry for such a basic query.

Thanks in advance for any pointers of help. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
S.

CD: 3ms