From: Alan E. Davis <lngndvs <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Page numbering in manual
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Tuesday 21st December 2010 20:54:31 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Is it possible to tweak page numbering in the manual, with each chapter
having it's separate sequence?

The manual is fairly extensive.  If a chapter has changed even in a minor
way, the numbering of subsequent chapters is also affected.  With
chapter-by-chapter page numbering, once could keep the manual in a binder,
and swap out chapters one by one, as needed.

Is there a way to do this with a simple latex tweak?  I can't remember
this.

Alan Davis

 "Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow
them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."

           --- R. Buckminster Fuller

CD: 3ms