From: Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Orgmode and Unicode characters
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Monday 6th December 2010 09:19:55 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Even though this announcement looks very cool, this again reminded me of
something I've been thinking off when using orgmode. And that is the use of
unicode characters. With the latest versions of emacs that support unicode
and with rich fonts such as DejaVu Monospace, it is as easy to use unicode
characters as ascii. What I was thinking of is that the current ascii
graphics of e.g. tables could automatically be switched to box drawing
characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-drawing_characters)
when
pressing C-c or Tab. Other characters that could be used are automatic
replacement of leading asterisks to various bullets. Each indentation level
could be given a different bullets. E.g. "*"==▸, "**"==●, etc. I'm sure
that
arrows and various brackets may also be useful for various contexts.

Of course the use of these characters would be configurable and would be
turned off automatically for buffers that are not UTF-8 encoded.

Perhaps I'll one day learn the inner workings of org-mode sufficiently to
do
this myself, but if there is someone who meanwhile wants to pick up the
idea, you're welcome!

Regards,
Dov

org-mode-clockreport-rules.html<http://nateneff.com/org-mode-clockreport-rules.html>