From: James Deaton <jed <at> onenet.net>
Subject: Column view and subtask overview interaction
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Friday 3rd December 2010 05:00:44 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I'm running a pull from yesterday and have noticed something a bit
strange. I haven't been using column view with a subtask overview until
today so I do not know if this particular usage had been working.

I have a simple list of tasks:

** Application Discovery [0/5]
*** STARTED Service Catalog Definition
:Barbara:
*** TODO Application Inventory
:Brian:Chris:
*** TODO Policies
:Barbara:
*** STARTED Projects In Flight
:All:
*** TODO Future Projects
:All:

Now, if I go into column view to do some updates such as change one
keyword such as a TODO to DONE, when I exit column view, the parent
heading is wiped out and replaced as below:

** [1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5[1/5]5]
*** STARTED Service Catalog Definition
:Barbara:
*** DONE Application Inventory
:Brian:Chris:
     - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2010-12-02 Thu 22:52]
*** TODO Policies
:Barbara:
*** STARTED Projects In Flight
:All:
*** TODO Future Projects
:All:

When I first ran into this earlier today I had manipulated about 30
subtasks clobbering 5 different parent tasks before I noticed when I
exited column view. I think I'm more frustrated by not knowing enough to
help find a fix.