From: Tom <levelhalom <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Feature idea: overwrite time at the prompt when rescheduling
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Friday 8th October 2010 11:05:54 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I use rescheduling often and it would be convenient if I didn't have to
delete the existing time at the schedule prompt and I could just type
the new time (like 8am) which would automatically replace (overwrite)
the previous text in the prompt.

Sometimes it is also useful to edit the existing time at the prompt, so it
could work by checking what is the first thing I do after invoking
reschedule.
If I start typing immediately it should delete the previous contents of the

prompt, but if I do anything else (cursor movement, deletion) then it
should
let me edit the current contents.

Also a special highlight could indicate that the existing contents will be
overwritten with typing. Like it is customary in GUI programs, when the
text in the input field is selected then typing overwrites it.