From: Marc-Oliver Ihm <ihm <at> online.de>
Subject: org-babel: feature-request: allow table-cells to be passed as strings
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Sunday 3rd October 2010 18:39:54 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello !

Currently org-babel, when passing a table as input to a
source-code-block, behaves like this:
If the cell looks like a number, it will be converted to an integer or a
float. Otherwise the cell-content is passed unconverted as a string.

Now, dealing with very large numbers (which I want to process with
calc), I found this behavior annoying, because babel converts my large
numbers to float, loosing precision in the process.

Now my request would be, to have a switch (maybe as a header argument)
which would tell babel to pass all cells as unconverted strings.

I have checked the documentation and the sources and have not been able
to find such a switch.

with kind regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm