From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger <at> it-sudparis.eu>
Subject: Toolbar buttons for common actions (helping emacs newbees)
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Sunday 26th September 2010 07:01:48 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's no configuration in org-mode to
use the emacs (23) toolbar icons/buttons, for basic actions in org.

I think it may be helpful for emacs noobies mainly, to have such icons
available when in org mode.

I'd think of a capture icon, an agenda icon, and maybe moving arrows to
rework the outline, for instance...

I'm not sure how hard this would be to add... and there's probably
someone smart that already tried it... however couldn't find any past
reference.

My collegues are somehow interested by org sometimes, but thend to be
afraid by the use of complex key presses (yeah, they haven't been
enlightened by the beauty of the Emacs, yet ;)

What do you think ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER