From: Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld <at> gmx.ch>
Subject: Adding entries to Google calendar
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Saturday 4th September 2010 14:21:08 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi to all

I try to automatically add newly created dates to GoogleCalendar via
GoogleCL. I have tried Eric Fraga's code from:

http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2010-07/msg00265.html

but I can't get it to work, nor do I understand it (is it complete?).
Anyway, his approach depends on adding org-entries to diary. So, as far
as I understand it, you have to create new schedules in a rather special
way. Most people, I think, use remember, org-capture or insert new dates
directly into an org file.

What I (and probably others) need is a way to trigger a call of 'google
calendar add' as soon as a new date is created by org-remember etc. What
would be the best way to do this?

Up to now, although a full syncing orgmode with GoogleCalendar is not
possible, we are quite close to it thanks to Eric's '2x2 method' and his
awk-script solution. But that solves only three quarters of the problem.
Informing GoogleCalendar about dates one has created with org still
needs the awkward manual import of ics-files via a web-browser. I think
there could be a better solution.

Greetings,

Sven