From: Matt Price <moptop99 <at> gmail.com>
Subject: dynamically calculated timestamps?
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Thursday 2nd September 2010 13:14:26 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi,

Yet another question (I've had a bunch lately).

In my syllabus I have a bunch of headings like this:

* Outline: Semester 1
** Introduction: What is History For?
** History and the Public Sphere
** Recursive Publics
** Abundant Information and the Digitial Divide
** Crowdsourcing

(there are subheadings and text in between).  While i'm planning I like to
move the headings around quite a bit, but it would be nice, while I'm doing
that, to still know what date the class meeting will take place on.  So I
would like to do something like this:
* Outline: Semester 1
** Introduction: What is History For? <2010-09-16 Thu>
** History and the Public Sphere <>
** Recursive Publics<>

So essentially, have something like a spreadsheet formula embedded in the
timestamp.  Does anyone have any ideas how I might jerryrig something like
that? It would certainly be helpful to me.

Anyay thanks much, again,
Matt

CD: 3ms