From: Don Womick <don.womick <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ErgoEmacs
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Date: Saturday 14th August 2010 13:07:58 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi all,

I've just found ErgoEmacs (http://ergoemacs.org), another Emacs
distribution
for Windows that tries to make Emacs easy to use for ordinary users... and
it does so: I was able to use it immediately, with all the standard Windows
shortcuts--the only things that tripped me up briefly were the file
commands
(C-xf moved to C-o and C-xw moved to C-w), and that they moved M-x to M-a
(M-x now cuts the entire line). This looks like a distro that might ease
the
learning curve enough to drive more widespread adoption of Emacs (and
org-mode!): it really does seem to be as easy to use as Notepad right out
of
the box, yet doesn't take away any of the power of Emacs (as far as I can
tell, except that I did have to load an org-mode file before capture would
work, but that may be a setup problem on my part). If you're on Windows,
take a look and see what you think... and for org newbies on win32, I think
this is the version I would recommend.

--Don

CD: 3ms